Simple Population Model
This model is a (hugely simplified) representation of a population.
There is one stock (population) and two flows (births and deaths).
Our reasons for showing this model include
- it is a very basic introduction to the concepts of stocks and flows, and 'what a model is'
- it will give you some idea whether the modelling platform (iSee Exchange) will work in your browser
- the model is taken from our NIHR publication, so you can read a little more about it there
This is the first model we have put on our new website, so we would welcome some feedback, including to hear if you have any problems.
HINT Try running the model and changing some slider settings before you move into the more detailed explanation.
This version of the model is best viewed on a computer.
To view this model on a phone, please click here
We welcome your feedback about any aspect of this model
- which version did you use (phone or computer)?
- was it easy to use?
- did you follow what it is meant to represent?
- any technical issue (did it work on your device? If not, please provide details)